This guide compiles Yahoo Fantasy Hockey rankings, NHL.com rankings, and statistics from the past two seasons to help you determine your own pre-draft ranking system. The Microsoft Excel file has built in statistics from the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 seasons and a customizable “fantasy scoring” chart. All you need to do is enter in your league’s scoring rules and the file will build out each player’s total fantasy point production (and average fantasy points per game) over the last two years. This can give you a good idea how each player ranks in three different ways: Yahoo, NHL.com, and recent performance using YOUR league’s scoring system.
A couple notes to consider:
- Yahoo Fantasy ranked players up until #350 are provided – beyond that, I have selected certain players that I feel could have value despite being below #350. Drafting below this level generally lies more in gut-feel and analysis beyond statistics anyways
- NHL.com’s “Just Missed” list was given ranks in order from 201-210
- NHL.com’s “Players outside NHL.com’s top 200 who are ranked in Yahoo’s top 200” were then given ranks from 211-222
- Filters are provided to sort by position, team, rank, fantasy point production, etc
- L2S = Last Two Seasons
- Goalies are highlighted in blue
Please leave a comment if you have any questions or concerns about the guide or my NHL ranking assumptions and I will do my best to promptly address them. Happy Fantasy Hockey Researching to all!
Also, let me know if you think this guide is worth paying for. I have provided it for free as I am concentrating on growing my population of readers… hopefully this will bring many back for more.
Guide has been updated to include FOW, FOL, and L for Goalies as well as other clean-up items.